Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A few roadside flowers

Along the seawalk:

Bee on blackberry. With green blackberries.

I never noticed before how the petals have hairy edges.

Bee on beach pea.

Bindweed and red mites.

Bindweed climbing a post. I don't know what made those nice round holes.

Palest pink Queen Anne's lace, Daucus carota.

The central flower of the umbel is commonly purple or pink. (Not seen in this photo, but they were there.) Buds may be white or purplish.

Further inland:

Bird's foot trefoil, Lotus corniculatus. The triple leaf looks sort of bird footish, but the name refers to the seed pods on their stalks.

More bird's foot.

St. John's Wort, Hypericum perforatus. The flowers have little black dots along the edge of the petals. (Click for full size.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger