Saturday, November 19, 2016

Super moon, shy moon

Tuesday evening, I was meeting friends at Willow Point. All the way there, the supermoon hovered over the water, a humongous, glowing disc, laying down a wide silvery path from shore to shore; it was hard to concentrate on my driving.

We met, dropped bags and books, and rushed out with our cameras to get supermoon photos. And the dang thing went and hid!

Photo taken with my little pocket Sony.

Looking back to the lights of Campbell River. With a couple of other disappointed moon watchers.

A couple of hours later, I drove home in the dark. There was no sign of the moon.

2 comments:

  1. When I went to bed the sky was completely overcast, but I woke up early in the morning and could see the moonlight reflecting off the ocean. A few minutes later it emerged from behind a cloud and was immense. Then it was quickly gone again. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got shy peeks between layer of haze. Beautiful and big.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger