Thursday, December 28, 2017

Snowy outing

They promised us more snow. We got rain. Feeling slightly cheated, I took the highway north until the rain turned to falling snow.

Brown's Bay Road, 22 km. north of Campbell River. Chains required: I didn't drive down.

Random highway shot.

The streaky lines on the trees are falling snow.

Side road. No tracks; nobody's likely to drive down here until the spring.

Young evergreens beside the road.

The north woods are never entirely silent; the trees whisper among themselves constantly, murmuring comments on the wind and the rain. Snow hushes them, though. This afternoon, the only sounds were the crunch of my shoes on fresh snow, and the occasional "plop!" as a branch shook off its burden.


2 comments:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger